Friday, September 20, 2013

*NEW* Happiness is You + Freebie!


Happy Friday Everyone! I'm glad that the weekend is finally here! Are you?

This week, I have a brand new collection for you called Happiness is You. This is definitely one of my favorites. Fancy Chalkboards are a hot trend right now. I'm thinking of putting one in my kitchen because I think they are so cool. So I've brought the fancy chalkboard look to the elements in this kit and paired the blacks and dark grays with bright orange, red, and yellows that just pop out in the LOs. The whole collection is 20% Off through 9/22. Save even more and grab the Bundle for 37% Off. You can get Happiness is You at Oscraps or my Personal Store.

 
 
CT LOs using Happiness is You
 
 

Want to get that chalkboard look?

 
I thought I'd give you some tools to get that chalkboard lettering look on your LOs. Whether you want to do your own title work or you want your journaling to look like it's written in chalk, there are a few simple tools you can have to make it quick and easy.
 
First, you need the right font. Here are a few of my favorites:
 
 
 
All these fonts are free for personal use at dafont.com (please check TOUs for commercial use).
 
Bergamot Ornaments - perfect for those special little flourishes!
 
Second, you need an awesome chalk style set to get the right look. Here are a few options at Sugar Hill Co. that will work nicely for this. I'm sure there are others out there as well!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It also easy to get colored chalk by merging your chalk style into your text and then clipping your color to it.
 
I also have a Happiness is You Border freebie that Joey made for you. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
I'll see you next week!
 


1 comment: